Welcome back shoe enthusiasts...we hope that you have had a good festive break and are looking forward to the year ahead? Who knows what it will bring, but hopefully many, many more beautiful shoes.
For us, it starts with a blast of teaching as our January Intensive Handsewn Shoemaking course gets under way on Monday. With almost two weeks away from the workshop our hands and bodies will be feeling it almost as much as the students I am sure!
But before we dive into the new year, forgive is an indulgent moment as we look back on 2016.
- The Design Museum opened in West Kensinton opened with us in it!
|There's a fabulous shoemaking film - being viewed here by James under the critical eye of film maker Camilla Corr - a pair of boots, tools, patterns, leathers ....|
- We saw some great shoe making by students during the year...including
|Charlie - very proud|
|Johanna and Barbara....|
|Wei Fen and Nicole...|
|Matt, who came back for a masterclass...|
|The January 2016 guys...|
|and a very rambunctious summer class!|
- We started an annual Shoemaking School alumni Christmas drinks tradition!
- We made Winkers Resort Shoes in a wide choice of fabrics...including bespoke commissions
- We received our National Shoefitters Association certificates
...and were proud to help Cockpit Arts celebrate its 30th Anniversary...
- Launched our new branding
- Launched Barkan Desert Boots
|Warmly received by our Kickstarter supporters - thank you all - and their canine friends!|